Tutorial: NEW Silhouette Studio Designer Edition

As a designer the #1 thing that sold me on the Silhouette was the ability to design and create my own shapes and projects according to my style and preferences.  We now are introducing the Silhouette Studio Designer Edition!  I am so stoked about this!  This just gave us all the ability to get even more customized with our projects.

Silhouette will always offer the FREE Silhouette Studio Software, however if you are wanting a more drawing flexibility and more great features you will want to pick the designer edition up!

As you can see the interfacing looks the same, however there are extra drawing capabilities added to this version.  You can import files you have designed and cut them out directly from the software. (ie: SVG files)  You can customize and create rhinestone shapes, you have more great sketch features and new knife tools…just to name a few.  This new software is only $49.99!!!  How exciting is that?

To upgrade to this software, click on your help menu in the Silhouette Studio Software and then click on the “Upgrade to Silhouette Studio Designer” link.  That will then take you to the page that will allow you to purchase the designer license code.  Once you have that you can punch in your code and your software will then be updated to the designer edition.

Now lets check it out!!!

Here I have a cute ballon shape that I will be turning into a rhinestone shape  Take a look at how easy it is with the new software!  With you shape up click on the “rhinestones window” on the top right toolbar.

Next you will select your shape and click on the type of rhinestone image you want as well as the size you want the rhinestones to be.  You can see I selected radial fill with the 10ss rhinestones.

Now just cut it out exactly how you have cut out your rhinestone template material before!

Lets take a look at the sketch feature.  I personally love this one!  Again using the same shape select it and click on the “sketch window” in the top right toolbar.  Here you can choose the sketch outline.

You can also choose to have a sketched fill.  If you want to customize it even more, click on the advanced options link at the bottom of the sketch panel.  Here you can determine width and density, etc…

Aside from all these great new features the one thing I am so happy to have is the ability to bring in my own files.  That’s right I can draw them up and import them in!  Sooo exciting!!!  Here is the project I created using the great rhinestone fill.  What will you create?

balloon_C00003_24406
Font:
Pharmacy

17 thoughts on “Tutorial: NEW Silhouette Studio Designer Edition

1. I’m so thrilled with this new version of Studio! And that’s an adorable little shirt. :)

2. Allison says:

Wow I love it already! Is the upgrade excluded from the sale?

3. diana says:

would love a tutorial about how to import your own sketches….

With this am I able to get svgs say from lettering delights and cut them on my silhouette without needing MTC or surecuts?

5. CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [08 Sep 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

6. Yes, it will open and cut Lettering Delights SVGs and no, it’s not included in the sale.

7. Laina Lamb says:

If I upgrade, will I be able to design SVGs to print and cut? ie draw a color design in Illustrator, save to svg, print through Studio to inkjet and then cut with Silhouette? This would be a fantastic tool for product mock-ups.

Does anyone know when I purchase the Silhouette Studio Designer Edition and put it on my laptop, will I also be able to download it again to my desktop computer? Also I plan on buying a new computer in a couple of months, will it be a problem moving everything to the new laptop?
    The t-shirt is awsome, can’t wait to try the inks.
    Thanks

9. Megan says:

Will this software work with the SD, or does it only work with the Cameo?

Do we need a 60 degree blade to use with cutting out the rhinestone material? We wanted to buy the rhinestone template sheets just on a roll as we need them for a lot of designs, but most say that they require the 60 degree blade, which the cameo does not come with.

11. Jayme says:

A lot of unanswered questions on this post! Love my Silhouette SD, would love to upgrade to this software but would like to know more about it….

12. Would love to also know what are some of the compatible blades as the material we would love to buy for the rhinestone templates states that it needs a 60 degree blade. Any help would be appreciated!

13. Sugar says:

Is there a User’s Manual for the Designer Edition of the Silhouette software?

14. Betsy B. says:

I’d love to see a User’s Manual for the Designer Edition software. I’m totally new to the Silhouette Cameo, but I bought the Designer Edition so that I could cut SVG’s with ease. However, I can’t locate a manual anywhere to guide me through the steps to do this. Help!!!!
    lbrown7@neo.rr.com

Hi Betsy, Here is a great tutorial for importing and cutting your own shapes… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a47Fk9n402Q

15. Lynsey says:

This shirt is so cute! I am going to have to add this machine to my birthday wish list!

16. Yoyorenm7b says:

Rirakkuma est la combinaison des mots japonais pour et et est un ours en tn pas cher peluche tr?s populaire au Japon fabriqu? par San-X. Bying fom an onine Jordanie bag otet wi et yo go thogh a age nmbe of bags and check ot pices and detais at yo eise. Y aura-t-il un Obama 2 ?
    txtJordanie Cabas MM Monogram Sabbia resort cruise 2011. Adjstments fo svey nit nonesponse nde nonpaametic esponse mechanisms. Thei income deightf qotation is simpy becase an encoagement fo mch moe info on any and a wiing shoppe since they insist a aond the cient adoabe seing pices.

Gomment pet-on pense qe tois magistats qi ne sont pas aveges-n?s aient ec? devant a pens?? d’ne Maffia d?somais sans atoti?? D les maps de base Nike Tn ne sont pas toutes int?ressantes, loin s faut : je dirais que 6 d elles valent le coup alors que les autres, Tehran Highway, Seine Crossing et Metro sont peu int?ressantes, du moins dans le mode de Jordanie de pr?dilection sur Battlefield : la conqu?te. Dex des qats de finae seont s a Une, dont cei avec ‘?qipe de Fance si ee se qaifie et ne des demi-finae sea s M6, dont cee des Bes s’is atteignent e denie ca?.
    Questo processo consente di riciclare fino al 60% dei componenti delle basket jordan. La mi?e est pet-?te a cef et vos vos en endez compte assez vite. C’est ? qe es fies qi m’accompagneaient ont d?cid? qe ca seait top coo si j’yaais en tav’ (HaHaha).