Tutorials: Heat Transfer

I know there have been a lot of questions on how use the heat transfer material so here is a great PDF tutorial to keep stashed away for future projects! Click here to download!

Also if you are wanting to do multiple layers, cut out each shape in the color you want and iron each individual piece one after the other.  Allowing time to cool between layers.  Heat transfer is a fun an quick way to transform your projects!

16 thoughts on “Tutorials: Heat Transfer

1. Marcy says:

Can’t go wrong with Baby stuff… It’s all good.
    Happy Monday!

2. Thanks for the PDF tutorial. I still need to buy some heat transfer and try it!

3. Clare G says:

The heat transfer is honestly my favorite thing to do with the Silhouette. It is so fun and easy to make a personalized item.

4. CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [21 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

5. So many things I’d love to do with a Silhouette. Have you ever used a Cricut? Just curious the difference in the two.

Isn’t it “Slugs and Snails…” not “Snips”? I asked a few people they laughed at the “Snips” version. Has the nursery rhyme been changed for the US market?

It’s “snips”…never heard it with “slugs.”

8. Sabrina says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

9. michiigrrl says:

Awwww this is absolutely adorable! I was very excited to find this site…thanks to “A bowl full of lemons” blog for pointing me in this directions :)

10. Ashley says:

I’ve never heard it with snips or slugs! (What’s a snip anyway?) Growing up in our house it was always “frogs and snails”. :) I guess everyone’s version is different! Either way – this is a great project!

11. CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [22 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

12. cindi m says:

love the heat transfer – so many fun ideas! COming from A Bowl Full of Lemons

13. I just did my first heat transfer project and part of it won’t stick to the shirt no matter how much heat I apply. Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible I’ve put too much heat at this point?

14. Traci says:

Are you applying pressure? I usually have to stand on my tippy toes and give it all i’ve got. Also make sure to have your iron on hot enough with a thin cloth between your iron and the glossy backing material.

I have the same problem as Flannery. I did notice that it wasn’t sticking where my ironing board wasn’t solid. Where the criss cross shapes make holes. So I put a clip board under my fabric. That helped some. But I still have several pieces that won’t stick when doing letting. Particularly with red and pink. Any advice? This is really frustrating!

I have the same problem red won’t stick (but that is only colour I tried). I love the fussy heat material but the smooth I find difficult to use, hard to cut and won’t stick??? Very expensive for such little amount on the roll compared with the vinyl and fuzzy felt??