With the arrival of Spring, I decided to give these rain boots a bit of a face lift by making a customized vinyl detail with my Silhouette CAMEO. This is a straight forward project making it perfect for those of you who are new to using a Silhouette CAMEO or Portrait.
- Open the girl and umbrella designs in Silhouette Studio.
- Adjust the size of the designs to fit the upper area of the boot. I made my design 4″ tall. Make sure that the lock aspect box is checked in the Scale Window.
- For a better visualization, I changed the color of the design to lavender using the Fill Color Window and Line Color Window.
- Before cutting, I nested the umbrella close to the girl to save vinyl.
- Next, open the cut settings window and select vinyl.
- Adjust your blade according to the default settings.
- If you are not using the cutting mat, select load media on your machine (it will look slightly different on the new LCD screen).
- Click the Send to Silhouette box to cut the design.
I used the new Roll Feeder for this project. This accessory helps to keep the vinyl straight as it enters the machine. Alternatively, you can cut a 5″x5″ piece of vinyl and place it on your cutting mat.
- Once the design is cut, use your hook to weed out the excess vinyl in the girl and umbrella designs.
- Place transfer paper on top of the design. You can use the scraper to ensure that all parts of the design adheres to the transfer paper.
- Position the design on the rain boot, pressing firmly. Use the scraper to remove any air bubbles that may be present in the vinyl.
- Remove the transfer paper.
That’s it! A quick and easy project that can made within an hour!
Here’s the before and after pictures:
My daughter told me that her new boots make her jump higher! She loves them
This is my last post with the Silhouette America Blog and I would like to thank the readers, my fellow design team members and my leader/advisor Jeana for making my experience here so wonderful! This has truly been a dream job and I have loved every minute of it! Have a great weekend!