Get the kids excited for St. Patrick’s Day with this fun leprechaun treasure hunt! Follow the leprechaun’s clues that lead to places all around the house. At the end, the kids will be rewarded with his pot of gold.
This design includes ten ready-to-print clues. Follow these steps to use the print and cut feature:
- Select Registration Marks
- Select Type 1 in the Style menu
- Place the design within the red cut border and avoid the greyed area.
- Print the clues onto white sticker paper.
- Once printed, cut the design with the Silhouette CAMEO/Portrait.
- With the rectangle tool, create a backing that is slightly larger than the clue.
- Center each clue number on the backing (I used the LW Stencil font).
- Cut the backings out of cardstock with the Silhouette CAMEO/Portrait.
- Place the printed clue on the reverse side of the cardstock.
- Add glitter to the exposed adhesive to create the sparkly numbers.
Once the clues are solved, the leprechaun’s treasure will be located. I thought that this pot of gold was the perfect design to use because it is quick and easy to assemble. For an added touch, I adhered a “Happy St. Patrick’s Day” saying to the front of the pot and then wrapped a thin wired rope around the pot.
For the “Happy St. Patrick’s Day” saying:
- Use adhesive kraft paper as the base and place double-sided adhesive on top of it.
- Center the black offset onto the double-sided adhesive.
- Adhere the saying on top of the offset.
- Sprinkle gold glitter to the exposed double-sided adhesive and green glitter to the shamrocks.
I can’t say that I’ve looked forward to St. Patrick’s Day before, but now that I have my scavenger hunt ready to go I can’t wait to send my kids on a hunt to find their special treasure. Thanks for checking out my post today and have a great weekend.