I really love this weeks free shape of the week.
I have been wanting to make a fall banner for a while now, so I knew as soon as I saw this shape it would go perfectly along with it.
- I started by opening my banner rhinestone shape up and my banner shape and sizing them so that the rhinestone banner shape would fit inside the banner leaving a little border around it.
- I created my free shape of the week into a colored image, so that I can print it out right on my flag banner.
- I created 2 banners with the free shape of the week, and I created 4 that would spell out F-A-L-L.
- I loaded my printer with the printable cotton canvas and printed each one out with registration marks and the used my SILHOUETTE CAMEO to cut out the banners.
- Once they were all cut out I used my craft knife to scratch up the edges giving it more distress and texture.
- I then cut out my rhinestone shape using the rhinestone starter kit.
- Instead of placing the black rhinestone template on the backing board, I placed it directly on the individual flag banner pieces. One at a time.
- I filled the rhinestone template with rhinestones using the brush that came in the kit.
- I alternated banners with colors of rhinestones between orange and champagne.
- Once the template was filled with the rhinestones, I used my rhinestone setter tool to secure each rhinestone. This may seem like it would take forever, with so many rhinestones, but you only have to leave the rhinestone setter tool on for approximately 15 seconds per rhinestone, so it really does go very quickly.
- Once I was done with all 4 rhinestones banners, it was time to assemble my banner.
- I grabbed some burlap ribbon I had on hand and I scrunched the ribbon, and folded over each flap of the banner flag and secured it in place with a staple.
- I wanted to hide the staple so I made some bows with colored twine, and added those over each staple using hot glue.
- I then placed an XL orange rhinestone I had on hand in the center of each twine bow with hot glue as well.
Now the banner is sitting on my mantle just waiting for more fall decorations. I love fall and I have been enjoying the cooler weather we have been having here in Southern California the last few days.